10.9.11

school

So obviously I haven't been blogging in a while. Reasons for that? Busybusybusy. With school starting, volleyboll, friends and family (and boring homework) I just haven't had the time!
So I have a lot to catch up with, luckily for the friends I have on facebook, you can always check my albums as I try to update them when I can. What I thought I'd start of with is school! Because it's where I've spend most of my days these past two weeks. 

So last week we had our first assembly for the first quater of school. We all get together in the gym and cheer for our varsity teams and wish them the best of luck!
 Fotball team
 Varisty volleyball girls
 Cheerleaders!
 Our pretty cheer section for the varsity team's game.!
 Whoopwhoop, i love us chicas!
 This last weekend a terrible thing happend. Alyssa, a freshmen at our school was murdered. Here, we are all lighting candles as a tribute at the memorial for her at school. A lot of people were there to support her friends and family. R.I.P Alyssa Otremba.
 The school gym.
 so lucky i met these girls, they are fantastic!
 Hallway, running back and forth here everyday....!
 Hallway after school, when everyone is heading to fields, cours or the gym for their sports.
 AAAAW :')
 This upcoming week is sprit week at Arbor View, wich is the week before homecoming (?!?!) wich is next saturday. We have a "spirit week" dresscode. Example; monday- polka dots Tuesday- fake injury day etc. And we also have a lot of activities like Lip syns that week!
Basti, crazy kid for germany.
Yep, lucky as I am ... sprained my ankle last week during pratice. It's all better now though, so I will be able to play this monday. We play away against Centennial!

That's the picture I have for now, I've been really bad at taking pictures.. I always seem to forget ...

So that's my school! And it's huge, think around 3500 students. Wich is ten times more then my last school. So guess how new and crazy it is for me? Thought I would tell you some about it to. First of all, it is nothing at all like school back in Sweden. First thing's first. You choose all your classes yourself, and you have to take a science, math, english and history class. Then you have to elective classes, where you can choose more "fun" classes. My electives are french and international relationships, love those classes. Probable the most fun ones I have. In my last school, there was a lot of "freedom" in class. We could walk around in the hallways, go to the bathroom whenever we needed to and sometimes the class would end earlier. Here, it's the other way around. You have to get a hallpass or a note from a teacher or personal to be able to walk the hallways during class. And the bell is the thing that tells us when to leave class. And then there's passing time. Omg, so stessful. You have to almost run to your locker , get your stuff for next class and get going. And lunch is only 30 minutes. The good thing though is that we have shorter days, we always end school at 2.20pm. Then after school i'm of for volleyball practice from 3-5. So you see, there's a lot of time that you spend in school. A lot of people love the fact that I'm from Sweden, and ask the most stupid questions. For example ; so what, you speak another language? you like swedish fish? you know abba? do you have mcdonalds? do you know lady gaga? but wait, you're not blonde?... etc... And during the games we have the school sprit is on top! Will tell more about that in the next post; my first american fotball game!!!! 

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar