14.1.12

question

Translation; Hi! I'm thinking about leaving a year to go to USA, and I was wondering how you get chosen? Or if you have to take any tests before you go? Do you have to apply for residence permits and stuff when you go to USA? And finally, before you go the first time to your hostfamily, are you allowed to bring a familymember? btw your blog is amazing!


Hi there! First of all thanks for asking me, like I said it's an honor to have people asking me questions.  I'm going to answer your question based on what I now and I only know about EF's organization. The first thing you do is send in your application to EF. In the application you tell about your hobbies, your life, real family, allergies etc. Just so they can get to know you. Based on what EF knows about you (which is alot) they try to match you up with a family in your host country. They send out your application to families that they think you will click with. The host families get several applications from different students, and then it's up to them to chose.

 Before you go you have to have decent grades, take some shots for hepatitis A&B and some other stuff (it all depends) and get a health check. Since you are in America for 10 months or more, you will need a VISA. Which shows that you are staying in USA legally for the year. 

You are not allowed to bring a family member with you. EF strongly recommends to not keep in too much contact with your real family. This is a year for you! To become more independent, grow up, step out of your comfort zones, learn and live the american life. That does not include being with your real family. But, your family is allowed to come visit you in your host country. 

This is my VISA, it looks like a passport except it says " VISA " and " United States of America" . My VISA is for one whole year. And yes I just woke up and wearing my PJ's, get over it :)



Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar