1.1.12

questions

I get questions from people I meet a lot, about being an exchange student. It always makes me so happy since most of them are so interested in what it's like and I sometimes inspire people to do this too.
But I got these two questions sent to me on this blog. And if you have questions about anything, like being an exchange student, going to school here or if you're just wondering what I had for dinner last night... Whatever! It makes me happy to know that people are interested and are coming to me for answers.


Hej! Jag ska också åka som utbytesstudent till USA nästa år! Och jag har några frågor: Vad tycker du om EF? Har du hamnat i en bra värdfamilj som bor bra (och inte långt borta helt ensamt)? Hur gjorde du när du valde Las Vegas? Var det en slump eller fick du betala extra för det? Och hur är skolan? (är det snygga killar i usa? :P) Jag är jätte orolig över mitt år, jag vill inte hamna i nån mini by på landet med 80åriga människor som föräldrar!!!! Sen har jag en fråga till, är det mycket fester i USA hos kompisar och så?


I love my organization. I've heard a lot from other organizations since a lot of my closest friends are exchange students too. But EF is outstanding. First of all the only bad thing is that they sometimes take in too many exchange students and some end up with no home. It's rare, but it shouldn't happen at all. But the good things are that they are very careful with choosing families, they match you up with families that they think you'd click well with. They have so many fun trips too. Like EF Camp that I went too, they have Christmas parties, trips, ski trips if you're lucky, discovery tours ( you can go to hollywood, florida, new york). And you get your own IEC, a person that calls you like once a month to check up on your progress and is there for you 24/7 which I love. I ended up in one of the best families out there, for sure! I have friends that have had to switch families and it's sad to have to do that. I live pretty much in one of the better part of Vegas, not on the strip. I didn't know there was more to vegas than just the strip when I first got the news that I was going here. I live close to my school and all my friend pretty much live around school so it's close to everything. I didn't chose to go to Vegas, I'm just lucky! School is very different from Europe, both good and bad. I strongly suggest to try to do sports, at least one. Or join clubs, it will make your school experience so much better and more fun. And you get to know people. Honestly, my hopes for the guys were so high. But it was kind of a let down. They are all pretty short, most of them. And the hot ones are always surrounded by all these girls and they usually just play around with them. I suggest just finding people you click with and have fun with to spend time with, don't think to much about finding your true love or whatever cause honestly you're only here for one year... it's just not gonna happen. And don't worry about where you're going. Everyones experience will be different, you can't have too high expectations or you will be let down. So what if you go to a smaller city? It sounds cool to me sometimes. Everyone knows each other, and you will be like a celebrity in your town. It sounds like a great experience if you lived in a bigger town before. Bottom-line, it doesn't really matter where you go, but how you spend your time. There are parties, at least in Vegas. But I have to stay away from drugs and alcohol parties. Most of the times your hostfamily will let you go to parties. And parties are different here too, but I'll leave that up for you to see yourself ;)


 No kidding, you're so lucky because of being in Vegas! What is your organization? Did you choose this place or did you just receive it? I am jealous!


Like I said, yes I'm the luckiest girl in the world. I still remember that day I got the news from EF, I was so happy and jumping around in my kitchen back home just smiling and screaming. And of course singing " Viva Las Vegas "  Sometimes I just have to stop, look around me and smile. Cause I'm so lucky. Just the smallest things like going grocery shopping makes me happy, cause it's different. I love just seeing american people, talking english and see my Las Vegas. That's what I mean about high expectations, if you have them it's just not gonna work. You have to be able to see the smaller great things too. My organization is EF ( education first ). I strongly recommend them, they just make your year complete. 















1 kommentar:

  1. hej! jag funderar på att åka ett år till usa, och jag undrar om man blir uttagen? eller om man behöver göra tester och sånt innan man åker ? måste man söka uppehållstillstån doch sånt innan man åker till usa :) ? och tillsista, innan man åker för frösta gången till sin familj, får man ta med sig ng familjemedlem :) ?

    btw din blogg är hur bra som helst!

    SvaraRadera